About the Welcome Banquet
- Since 1992 the Traditional Chinese Cuture Society of Montreal (SCCT) for 6 consecutive years has participated in the exhibitions of the International Calligraphy Union (ICU) Headquarters in Taiwan, as well as its branches in Japan, Korea, China, Malaysia and Hong Kong, etc. 1998, in response to the enthusiastic and unanimous requests from the ICU, we hosted the 7th ICU calligraphy exhibition in Montreal. About 100 artists from these countries will come to Montreal for the event.
- The SCCT organiszed a banquet in Sheraton Hotel to welcome the artists from the east. There were about 350 participants joining the banquet. The programs included:
- The ICU branches representatives demonstrated the art of calligraphy.
- The four season tea ceremony performed by the Tea master Lin Easu from Taiwan.
- Dancing performance by Ngan Siu-Mui and her student Rozanne Lo
Press review, La Press, Montreal